English | Deutsch | Français | Italiano
- June 2016: BA Psychology and Linguistics (1st class hons) - University of Oxford, UK
- June 2012: A-levels in German (A*, 99.6%) and Italian (A) - All Saints RC School, York, UK
- June 2010: GCSEs including French, German and Italian (all A*) - Millthorpe School, York, UK
|Language / translation experience
- March-October 2017: French and German translation work via online platforms - clients include a French online content firm for whom I have translated and / or corrected over 100 x 1200-word product description documents (reference available).
- November 2016: Acted as a Betreuer and interpreter for a group of adults with learning difficulties travelling from York, UK to Münster, Germany. This included help with interpretation of signage and info as well as facilitating interaction with German counterparts.
- January 2012: Residential visit to Kiel, Germany, where I spent a week living closely with a local family to improve my language skills
- December 2011: Youthbridge Award for writing in German following a trip to Cologne and Berlin
- November 2011: Silver Award in the annual UK Linguistics Olympiad
Home >> Translator >> Past
© Helgi Clayton McClure 2018. All rights reserved.